PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mac Version

DonBono
08-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Ok i'm trying to find out how to mod I cannot find the assets folder for OS X Help would be appreciated

DonBono
08-07-2008, 08:16 PM
oh and i might add does it matter that i downloaded the demo from The Mac Game store then bought it and used the key they gave me to unlock it matter as to why I don't have an assets folder

Shadow
08-08-2008, 03:34 PM
It looks like you found it from another thread, but for everyone else how Mac Game Store build is bundled, everything ends up in a hidden directory.

If you force your Mac to show you hidden directories, it is pretty easy to find it inside of the App using Show Package Contents.

Here's one way of showing hidden files on your Mac (I found this on the net and I'm not a Mac expert, so use this at your own risk):

open a terminal, then type in the following 2 lines (note the 2nd one is going to kill all of your currently opened finder windows)

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

To go back to normal, open a terminal and type in the following lines:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

DonBono
08-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Actually Shadow its not in there at all, and if you downloaded the game like me from macgamestore.com it creates no assets directory, You must create one yourself, but in order to do this you must go into this folder for the game to read it correctly. the HD/Users/Administrator/Library/Application_Support/Dop

And create the folder yourself and then the game will read it from there. Took a about an hour for me to figure it out, since i found my save game files in there, finally a light went off and i figured out the game reads from that structure in OS x 10.5

Shadow
08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Where it shows up on my system (in the MacGameStore version) is:

/Applications/Depths of Peril/Depths of Peril/Contents/Resources/.Game/Assets

To see the Contents directory you need to right click on the Depths of Peril application and choose the Show Package Contents option.

To see the .Game directory, you need to have hidden directories and files turned on.