PDA

View Full Version : Switching relics

Skarecreau
08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
One basic strategy that Iíve developed that seems useful to beginning players is to have two sets of relics: one set for inter-covenant fighting and one set for after Iíve defeated the other covenants.

Generally, when I create a new world Iíll put in place a set of relics to increase diplomacy, influence, taxes, and lifestone health. But once Iíve defeated the other covenants, I realized that there is no need for a diplomacy bonus and little use for influence or taxes (as long as I have enough to pay my guards in case of a monster raid). At that point, I switch out those three relics, keeping only the lifestone relic in place, and put in relics that increase find item chance and/or find magic item chance. Then I adventure around for awhile and hopefully pick up better equipment than I could find when I was in competition with the other covenants.

Boru
08-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Another cool tip is you don't have to go back to your base to switch in a new relic, just press the L key and the house layout pops up, even if you're in the bottom level of some dungeon. Wish I could do that with tomes too.

Silent_Tales
08-15-2008, 08:16 AM
One basic strategy that Iíve developed that seems useful to beginning players is to have two sets of relics: one set for inter-covenant fighting and one set for after Iíve defeated the other covenants.

Generally, when I create a new world Iíll put in place a set of relics to increase diplomacy, influence, taxes, and lifestone health. But once Iíve defeated the other covenants, I realized that there is no need for a diplomacy bonus and little use for influence or taxes (as long as I have enough to pay my guards in case of a monster raid). At that point, I switch out those three relics, keeping only the lifestone relic in place, and put in relics that increase find item chance and/or find magic item chance. Then I adventure around for awhile and hopefully pick up better equipment than I could find when I was in competition with the other covenants.

Well, It might waste precious seconds thinking about what strategy to do with relics:D.. Hmmm, no harm trying too if it is good :D

Another cool tip is you don't have to go back to your base to switch in a new relic, just press the L key and the house layout pops up, even if you're in the bottom level of some dungeon. Wish I could do that with tomes too.

Hmmm, it's like breaking the laws of science.. Hehe!! It's like digging in Texas and you went straight to China.. :D

Boru
08-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Hmmm, it's like breaking the laws of science.. Hehe!! It's like digging in Texas and you went straight to China.. :D

You can also give new weapons and armor to someone in your covenant too, even if he's not with you at the time. And if you happen to find someone better in your travels, you can take the old guy's stuff back and fire him, then hire the new guy. All without going back to the longhouse.

fab
08-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Not quite (http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080813/full/news.2008.1038.html)... hehe.