PDA

View Full Version : Double quests

DetlevH
08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Sometimes is get a quest double.

1. The first question is: Kill <x> <Monster race> in <zone>
2. After a while, while the first quest is'nt solved yet, i get the same quest, only the number of monsters is different. If i kill the monsters, both quests are solved .

I got the Quest Kill Shankar two times at the same time (see the blue and green bordered quests in the screenshot). The funny thing is, that both quest assume Shankar at different zones :D. I fought with Shankar in Deadfallforrest, which is the zone, the first quest told me.

After a while, the Revenge quest for Hjolotta failed, Hjolotta died. I don't know why, because there was no time limit.:confused:

Note, that some text in the quest is still english (Brother,a), the quest text ist QuestTextRevenge in quests.trn.

The item in the delivery quest QuestAnnouncePoisonedSupply in quests.trn is still english. I don't know where this text is.:confused:

(name here)
08-21-2008, 02:10 PM
1 They're different quests which count kills at the same time.
2. happens. it's because shanker is ALSO a vaild naga unique, i believe. the other boss-class monsters don't seem to have that problem.
3. if the questgiver dies, you fail. if someone else kills the monster, you fail

DetlevH
08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
3. if the questgiver dies, you fail. if someone else kills the monster, you fail

There was no reason for the death of the questgiver, because she was in Jorvik at this moment.

(name here)
08-21-2008, 05:39 PM
so? i've lost jorvik questgivers before. if there was a town attacking unique, town attack, exposed thief, or bombardment they could die. also, someone else may have killed the target. or a covenent blew the questgiver up during a battle.