PDA

View Full Version : Amusing bug #4

Shadow
08-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Every once in a while bugs are quite funny and a couple days ago I found a good one in our new upcoming game.

We have a powerup called Bedlam. What it does is it makes all of the monsters go nuts for a short while and they pretty much will randomly attack anything, except the player. Well I found out that anything really means just about anything. When I used it the other day, they all decided to attack crystals, torches, and even traps. In this case, everything except for another monster like they were supposed to.

For some reason, computers take everything so literally.

Skarecreau
08-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Ha! "Bedlam" from the asylum name, right? I guess it would be pretty crazy to attack a torch...

If the monster attacks a trap, does the trap get sprung and damage the monster? That would be even funnier.

ShaggyMoose
08-25-2008, 10:01 AM
I like that. I think you should keep it in, just make them attack other monsters as well (more likely). It would be hilarious to see an enemy foaming at the mouth wailing on a torch.:)

So, is this new upcoming game anything to do with DoP?

(name here)
08-25-2008, 11:01 AM
It is an amuzing bug, like the Dwarf Fortress issues with fire and carp.

Shadow
08-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Ha! "Bedlam" from the asylum name, right? I guess it would be pretty crazy to attack a torch...

If the monster attacks a trap, does the trap get sprung and damage the monster? That would be even funnier.

Yep. I didn't mean for them to be quite that crazy though. :)

In this case, these types of traps don't hurt the monsters or the player would never have to do anything.

I like that. I think you should keep it in, just make them attack other monsters as well (more likely). It would be hilarious to see an enemy foaming at the mouth wailing on a torch.:)

So, is this new upcoming game anything to do with DoP?

If it worked differently I would probably keep it like this, but it essentially adds a little bit of hate for that object. If nothing else attacks the monster, they will beat on the torch forever.

I can't say yet if it's related to DoP or not.