PDA

View Full Version : Vendors don't drop item rewards

Skarecreau
08-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Sometimes (I haven't noticed a pattern yet) the armor/weaponsmith quests that are supposed to drop item rewards do not do so. The message will appear onscreen stating that the reward item was dropped, the item-dropping sound effect will play...but there is no item to be found.

This is on the Mac version 1.012 (or whatever the most recent version is).

Shadow
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
I think there is a cap on the number of items they generate to find some thing acceptable before it gives up. It's probably set too low. This should be pretty easy to fix.

shinon
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Windows v.1010 does the same, sometimes item rewards dont drop :)
I thought it was my imagination :)

ShaggyMoose
08-26-2008, 09:44 PM
I am sure I raised this bug ages ago.:confused:

(name here)
08-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I am sure I raised this bug ages ago.:confused:

I distinctly recall it. It's somewhere on an earlier page. The answer then was that they didn't have anything useful to give to you.

Shadow
08-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Off hand I don't remember if this has come up before. I'll take you word for it though. I'm boosting the number of tries a lot more this time (from 10 to 100).

Publius
09-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I saw this in my game last night. At first I thought that an NPC from another covenant had picked it up before I could, but then it happened again later and there were no other NPCs around.

Delve
09-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't think NPCs will ever pick up anything on the ground. They don't see your loot, and you don't see theirs.

Publius
09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't think NPCs will ever pick up anything on the ground. They don't see your loot, and you don't see theirs.

Is that true? Useful to know if so. My simple (and probably incorrect) assumption that an NPC picked up the reward was because there was one standing right next to my mage when the reward was dropped, and it looked like he bent over. Also, on other occasions I've dropped items I had no room for and when I came back later they were gone. Do items age out of the game if they're not picked up?

Delve
09-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that's how it works, yeah.