Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   News/Blog comments (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Latest tweets (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2946)

Shadow 12-10-2010 08:03 PM

"Defensive lighting totem is starving and needs help", Hmm I think I have a bug. :)

Amberjoy 12-10-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 18901)
"Defensive lighting totem is starving and needs help", Hmm I think I have a bug. :)

Guess the quest to feed it will be to collect lightning bugs in a jar... :rolleyes:

udm 12-11-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 18880)
NPCs can now get into fights with one another in Din's Curse: Demon War.

Yesssssss. More permutations of events!!!!!!!!! *laughs evilly*

Shadow 12-13-2010 05:24 PM

Added a quest today that allows you to retrieve some items from a dead hardcore character.

Coreyh2 12-13-2010 07:22 PM

Like ghosts and cemetery levels from roguelikes? Sounds fun. Getting killed by yourself is funny. Works even better when I used to play nethack on remote servers.

Suppose its kinda simple compared to modern day mmorpgs though. Although I'm not sure how many of those have equipment that drops from player kills.

Shadow 12-14-2010 09:57 AM

It is a similar idea that roguelikes have used. In this case, if a unique monster killed you, that exact monster will be guarding some of the killed character's items. If something else killed you, some random unique monster will be the guard.

Shadow 12-14-2010 04:52 PM

Now in the Demon War expansion when NPCs get into a fight you can freely attack either one of them. We'll see how this goes. I am a little worried about people accidentally attacking an NPC they don't really want dead.

Roswitha 12-15-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 18961)
Now in the Demon War expansion when NPCs get into a fight you can freely attack either one of them. We'll see how this goes. I am a little worried about people accidentally attacking an NPC they don't really want dead.

How will that work in the case of a town attack? Currently (I think), a whirlwind or aoe attack hits the monsters and misses the townspeople. (Can't check it because my hard drive is dead AGAIN). If we can attack them, and mob of them are chasing a monster, it's going to complicate things.

Shadow 12-15-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roswitha (Post 18996)
How will that work in the case of a town attack? Currently (I think), a whirlwind or aoe attack hits the monsters and misses the townspeople. (Can't check it because my hard drive is dead AGAIN). If we can attack them, and mob of them are chasing a monster, it's going to complicate things.

Right now this would only matter if some townspeople were fighting each other when the town was attacked.

udm 12-15-2010 11:14 PM

It can only keep getting better :). TBH I'm more excited about seeing these new gameplay mechanics/features, than content like classes, but it's just me :P