Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drox Operative game (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cargo Bays (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5654)

graffen69 08-04-2012 11:06 PM

Cargo Bays
 
Ive found 3 Cargo Bays in the game altogether and I found them all before lvl 11. At lvl 31 it seems I spend most of my time flying back and forth to planets cuz my bags are full all the time. I cant stock up anything in the shared bank cuz I got no spare bays.
Im playing Cortex (only 1 “build”) and using latest version (1.13) if that makes any difference.
Maybe im just extremely unlucky, but i played since beta and noticed no difference. Anyone else having these issues?


Regarding failed Quests - is there a reason failed quests aren't auto cleared?
Suggestion: Auto clear failed Quests so you can pickup new ones without needing to bring up the Quest log (/delete failed quest).

Vassago 08-05-2012 03:15 PM

Level 66 at the moment, only found enough cargo bays to fill the ship.
Can's use either stashes because I don't have cargo bays, it's a bitch.

graffen69 08-06-2012 02:17 PM

Ok, then its definitely not just me. Seems odd, since the bag drop from former Soldak games (DoP/DC) wasnt a hazzle. Or maybe it was in the early game?

Bluddy 08-06-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graffen69 (Post 34783)
Ok, then its definitely not just me. Seems odd, since the bag drop from former Soldak games (DoP/DC) wasnt a hazzle. Or maybe it was in the early game?

Inventory bags have been a huge complaint in Din's Curse, even though their drop rates weren't that low. In DoP they weren't an issue because you could trade from anywhere.

graffen69 08-28-2012 06:40 AM

Uhmm, is this gonna be addressed soon?
Still have Drox O. on hold until there's enough cargo to actually play the game.

Shadow 08-28-2012 12:28 PM

Larger cargo bays got a drop chance boost in 0.917 and their icons where made more obvious also in one of the more recent patches.

PixelLord 08-28-2012 12:57 PM

I've found only 1 medium bay in the past 2 days of playing, and still haven't seen a single large bay yet (level 18 ship); so you may still want to tweak the drop rates up a bit for the larger bays.

DarkTraveler 08-28-2012 01:29 PM

Why not make cargo bays one of the level up rewards if the player's inventory space doesn't meet a specific value?

Moonshine Fox 08-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkTraveler (Post 35886)
Why not make cargo bays one of the level up rewards if the player's inventory space doesn't meet a specific value?

From a game-design and gameplay perspective, does cargo bays actually add anything of value? All it does is prevent you to pick up all the loot that drops, easily circumvented by going multiple trips. This is made even easier if there are planets nearby.

All in all, it's just an artifical limit of what you can carry at any one time, for no reason at all. I've really never understood inventory systems that "grow" over time, unless it impacts actual gameplay: See Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for an example where inventory size affects gameplay (your choice of carried weapon and gear).

In Din's and Drox, it really brings nothing to the table. Or am I missing anything vital here?

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is, why limit inventory space for beginning characters at all? Why not simply let everyone have an inventory that houses a set number of slots comparable to a high level character. Say, someone with 4 very large or what they are called. 12x5 total.

DarkTraveler 08-29-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox (Post 36012)
From a game-design and gameplay perspective, does cargo bays actually add anything of value? All it does is prevent you to pick up all the loot that drops, easily circumvented by going multiple trips. This is made even easier if there are planets nearby.

All in all, it's just an artifical limit of what you can carry at any one time, for no reason at all. I've really never understood inventory systems that "grow" over time, unless it impacts actual gameplay: See Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for an example where inventory size affects gameplay (your choice of carried weapon and gear).

In Din's and Drox, it really brings nothing to the table. Or am I missing anything vital here?

Unless one enjoys making many trips back to town or planet then it's perfectly viable to seek more inventory space.

I played Deus Ex. One of my all time favorite games. Your comparison has no relevance. Deus Ex's style is completely different from that of a Soldek Entertainment game. To name just a few items, Deus Ex had neither the amount of drops, nor the many groups of enemies that Soldek Entertainment games do.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2022 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.