Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drox Operative game (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What is Drox Operative? (Video) (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5244)

Moonshine Fox 06-28-2012 04:57 PM

What is Drox Operative? (Video)

For those coming to this forum looking for answers, look no further! These videos give you a rough overview of what to expect. Of course not everything can be explained, it's a very deep game.

Drox Operative: Single player overview

Drox Operative: Multiplayer overview

Bluddy 06-28-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox (Post 32640)
For those coming to this forum looking for answers, look no further! These videos give you a rough overview of what to expect. Of course not everything can be explained, it's a very deep game.

Very nice videos. BTW, did you mod the turn rate? It seems much faster than the default.

Moonshine Fox 06-28-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluddy (Post 32642)
Very nice videos. BTW, did you mod the turn rate? It seems much faster than the default.

Nope, this is stock 904.

Bluddy 06-28-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox (Post 32643)
Nope, this is stock 904.

Interesting. What's your ships's speed in the video?

Moonshine Fox 06-28-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluddy (Post 32645)
Interesting. What's your ships's speed in the video?

Depends on if you are referring to the first (SP vid) or second (MP vid). In the first, it's a stock, out of the box, Fringe ship. In the second it's a Drakk with 200 speed.

Bluddy 06-28-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox (Post 32646)
Depends on if you are referring to the first (SP vid) or second (MP vid). In the first, it's a stock, out of the box, Fringe ship. In the second it's a Drakk with 200 speed.

OK I was looking at the multiplayer video.

Looks like the turn rate is far too dependent on speed. I think turn rate should perhaps be constant, or it should be a separate stat (as I think eRaSer suggested).

Moonshine Fox 06-28-2012 05:57 PM

That might be true. It felt a lot like the ship got more maneuverable when I got more speed.

Bluddy 06-28-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox (Post 32650)
That might be true. It felt a lot like the ship got more maneuverable when I got more speed.

At the lower speeds, the ship turns so slowly that I don't want to turn back and pick stuff up.

LostSoul 06-28-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluddy (Post 32652)
At the lower speeds, the ship turns so slowly that I don't want to turn back and pick stuff up.

I still find myself not turning back to pick up certain types of grey components. "Is it a weapon? No? Whatever then."

PixelLord 06-29-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox (Post 32640)

Single player overview is great. Will help a lot of new players. :)