Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Legend

Default Cloth Armor Requirements

I can "somewhat" understand leather armor having a small requirement but cloth is a little too ridiculous. That's almost the same as saying that I cant put on this t-shirt because im too weak. There's almost no point and good will come to adding stength for a rogue or mage type character. A mage gets nothing from this and rogues dont benefit much either.

-Dave tries to put the sweatshirt on, it breaks into pieces. Disgruntled, he starts to try on his new leather shoes but they fall from his hands as they start bleeding.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
I can "somewhat" understand leather armor having a small requirement but cloth is a little too ridiculous.
the requirements are pretty tiny

--

there's a gap in the INT stat tooltip where magic crushing blow chance used to be
Old 04-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Expert

RANDOM BUTTON! Thanks!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
I can "somewhat" understand leather armor having a small requirement but cloth is a little too ridiculous. That's almost the same as saying that I cant put on this t-shirt because im too weak. There's almost no point and good will come to adding stength for a rogue or mage type character. A mage gets nothing from this and rogues dont benefit much either.

-Dave tries to put the sweatshirt on, it breaks into pieces. Disgruntled, he starts to try on his new leather shoes but they fall from his hands as they start bleeding.
DeathKnight, the requirements are minimal and can mostly be taken care of by rings and jewelry and such. The idea is to prevent a mage from sinking everything he has (including item boosts) into INT and VIT, and in this way getting all the mana he's going to have in the game right away. Now, even the purest of mages will want some DEX for magical crushing blows, and some STR to be able to handle advanced cloth armor -- even if it's just for the boosts.

From a 'game logic' perspective, it does make sense -- heavy cloth armor is protective ie. it's much more than just a sweater. It makes sense that fighting or casting spells while wearing it should be demanding, if only minimally.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Expert

new patch, still no new bag slots, but no problem right now.

totally no time to play the game until next month ...
Old 04-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Expert

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but have there been any large changes recently? I haven't had a chance to play since.. 1.0.15?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evander View Post
new patch, still no new bag slots, but no problem right now.
I looked at that a little. I'm worried about breaking save games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but have there been any large changes recently? I haven't had a chance to play since.. 1.0.15?
I don't know about big, but there have been a lot of changes since 1.015 especially balance changes.
Patreon
Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Expert

how much does it affects savegames?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evander View Post
how much does it affects savegames?
That's actually the problem, I'm not sure.
Patreon
Old 04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Expert

if the savegame is a table and it saves all bag slots, there may be a little tricky way to go around that.

staying with basic amount of bags saved as a default and the others saved only when they are "used"(have bags in them).

that way:
- player with modded amount saves extra bags and invalidates savegame
- that player removes extra bags and saves again, restoring savegame to state readable by previous versions.

Still, I believe that with such amounts of items in the game number of bag slots will have to increase one day... would be cool to test it before next expansion or a sequel

besides, how hard it is to make it modable? from exe I can see there is a list of bag slots at the end of the file.