Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Beams are getting better in the next patch and the Shadow are getting nerfed (the race, not anything on the player).

The race ships get a bunch of natural improvements like the normal monsters do.
Patreon
Old 03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Beams are getting better in the next patch and the Shadow are getting nerfed (the race, not anything on the player).

Woot!

I think i'll wait for this next Patch before starting my future Beam using Utopian Alt.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Expert

Heehee I feel special, I got my name in the changes list XD. Though the second instance of my name was spelt wrong XD.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Testing the patch, The bombs only hit 2-3 times per enemy (2-3 dmg numbers come up depending how close to other mobs they are) but its alot better then when like 5-6 numbers per enemy came up. Beam change is nice.

Now, any plans to up shield regen? because as it is using +shield regen componnents is kinda a waste of power load, I have a decent shield and a +82% regen componnent, and I only have 2.4/s shield regen. Also got a nice componnent that is +49% max shield +52% weapon damage for beams. got about 800 shield and 2.4/s regen just don't cut it. I bascally have to hunt down recharge thingys or spam the shield heal items to recharge it.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
Testing the patch, The bombs only hit 2-3 times per enemy (2-3 dmg numbers come up depending how close to other mobs they are) but its alot better then when like 5-6 numbers per enemy came up. Beam change is nice.
!!! My precious Bombs are getting NERFED!!? :'(

Shadow... does this have to do with your chance to play with Bombs on my Main in the Lvl 80s...?

Quote:
Now, any plans to up shield regen? because as it is using +shield regen componnents is kinda a waste of power load, I have a decent shield and a +82% regen componnent, and I only have 2.4/s shield regen. Also got a nice componnent that is +49% max shield +52% weapon damage for beams. got about 800 shield and 2.4/s regen just don't cut it. I bascally have to hunt down recharge thingys or spam the shield heal items to recharge it.
Agreed. Shield Regen boosting Items give too little boost for their Power Load... even taking into account their being Light Components. We still need Heavy Slot Shield Components too, because it's damn painful trying to hold Medium Slot Shields & other Medium Slot Components at the same time... though I guess it can also be painful trying to hold enough Power Plants in the Heavy Slots for Non-Fringe Characters too... Is there fear of Overpoweredness if people use Medium Slot Shields & Heavy Slot Shields at the same time...? I say using Medium Slot Shields & Heavy Slot Shields at the same time's gonna be awfully difficult, considering how hard it is to have enough Power for Components in the later levels... & I bet there's no shortage of Ships that would be unable to spare that Heavy Slot for a Shield Component in place of another Power Plant... :whistle:

It's scary how hard it is to make do without Engineering Stat Power... especially on Characters that can't make do without Computer Stat as well, yet I dunno if adding Max Power Load to the Engineering Stat Bonuses would make the Stat itself OP compared to the benefits of other Stats... especially Computers, Structure, & Helm... Maybe Medium Slot & Light Slot Power Load Items could use a tad more buffness, while still being short of the Power Load giving power of Power Plants...?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Heehee I feel special, I got my name in the changes list XD. Though the second instance of my name was spelt wrong XD.
It's fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning View Post
!!! My precious Bombs are getting NERFED!!? :'(

Shadow... does this have to do with your chance to play with Bombs on my Main in the Lvl 80s...?
No, I haven't had a chance to look at your save yet.
Patreon
Old 03-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Amateur

Can't seem to find the forum again where i saw this but where do u increase the range of your beam since changing it under baseskillbeams where distance is still gives 16 units?